- Mornin '15
- Xenoblade Chronicles X Set for 2015 Release
- Paid Mod Already Pulled from Steam Workshop
- FEATURE: A Mortal Kombat History Lesson From the Game Gear Days
- First Battlefield Hardline Patch is Mostly for PC
- Telltale Working on Marvel Game
- Resident Evil HD Sells 1 Million
- Peter Molyneux Speaks at Dubrovnik Reboot Festival
You may have already heard that Double Fine Productions' and Eric Migicovsky over at Allerta, Inc. funded the development of their new adventure game with pre-orders. This particular system of funding a project seems to be catching on, as Interplay and inXile founder Brian Fargo have now raised over $3 million for their title Wasteland 2 - a sequel to the 1988 RPG, which served as inspiration for the widely acknowledged Fallout series.
Funs for Wasteland 2 jumped from $900,000 through Kickstarter to $2,933,197, largely thanks to 61,289 contributors, while an extra $110,208 was reeled in via PayPal.
Brilliant. All developers should follow this example. Players can now invest in the kind of games they want to play, instead of praying to the Gods that EA and Activision don't snatch the rights to a classic strategy or RPG and then turn it into a shooter (i.e. Modern Combat: Warfighter Warfare 8).
You can expect Wasteland 2 on store shelves come October 2013.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Announced:
|Finally. Can’t wait. ||43.86%|
|Never played Deus Ex. ||18.82%|
|Oh no, the last one was crap, the old ones were better. ||11.78%|