- Battlefield Hardline Beta Perk for Battlefield 4 Players
- Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons Trailer
- Borderlands 2 Writer Leaving Gearbox
- FEATURE: From Unity to Inquisition to Depleted Desire
- Life is Strange Launch Trailer
- Mornin '15
- Hatred Now Available for Preorder
- Capcom Confident that Next Resident Evil Will Blow Minds
- Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Starts Next Week
- Sid Meier's Starships PAX South Panel
- Nintendo Introduces Creators Program for YouTubers
- Evolve Solo Gameplay Experience Trailer
- Jurassic World and Avengers LEGO Games This Year
- The Witcher 3 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One
You may have already heard that Double Fine Productions' and Eric Migicovsky over at Allerta, Inc. funded the development of their new adventure game with pre-orders. This particular system of funding a project seems to be catching on, as Interplay and inXile founder Brian Fargo have now raised over $3 million for their title Wasteland 2 - a sequel to the 1988 RPG, which served as inspiration for the widely acknowledged Fallout series.
Funs for Wasteland 2 jumped from $900,000 through Kickstarter to $2,933,197, largely thanks to 61,289 contributors, while an extra $110,208 was reeled in via PayPal.
Brilliant. All developers should follow this example. Players can now invest in the kind of games they want to play, instead of praying to the Gods that EA and Activision don't snatch the rights to a classic strategy or RPG and then turn it into a shooter (i.e. Modern Combat: Warfighter Warfare 8).
You can expect Wasteland 2 on store shelves come October 2013.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Where would you like to see more of ActionTrip?