- FEATURE: Austin Wintory Interview
- FEATURE: Star Wars Battlefront Hands-on
- Just Cause 3 On a Mission Trailer
- Cyberpunk 2077 Will be Bigger Than the Witcher 3
- PlayStation 4 US Price Drops
- Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass Detailed
- Voice Actors Are Authorized to Go On Strike
- A Fresh Touch of Electronic Reminiscence
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta Preloads for PC Gamers
- Umbrella Corps Gameplay Trailer
- Next Street Fighter V Beta in October
- What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.? Intelligence Video
- Star Citizen Keeps Getting More Money from New Backers
- Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition Release at End of October
- Microsoft Shows How HoloLens Gaming Works
CD Projekt Red will not bring The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt to Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 when the game releases later this year.
"It’s impossible. It would have to be a different game—a smaller game, not an open-world game, or with terrible loading times, with sacrifices in graphics," CEO Marcin Iwinski told MCV India.
The Witcher 3 will only release on PC and new generation consoles, which makes me wonder if or how any decisions I made with the 360 version of The Witcher 2 will carry over into The Witcher 3.
So which version of The Witcher 3 is better? Iwinski said that the difference between the PC and console versions isn't that big, calling the consoles "actually brand new PCs."
Iwinski also quashed any speculation that they were working on a PS3 version of The Witcher 2.
"We definitely would have loved to, but The Witcher 2 on PC was so big that making it work on Xbox 360 took us a year," he said. "The Xbox 360 was a more powerful and easier-to-code-on platform than PS3, so that would have taken us another year or year-and-a-half."
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP