- Wasteland 2 Out Now
- Mornin '14
- Blitzkrieg 3 RTS Announced
- Torment: Tides of Numenera First Gameplay Trailer
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer Unveils Skill Trees
- Star Citizen Now With a Budget of $53M
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Full... Um Teaser
- Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Going to PC
- FEATURE: Most Wanted Babes vs. Most Wanted Games
- Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments Trailer
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS Demo Now Available for All
- Bloodborne Has Official Release Date in NA and Europe
- Final Fantasy Type-0 Release Date Confirmed with Final Fantasy XV Demo
Even with Microsoft continuously denying stories that the company is going to unveil their next Xbox console, new rumors just keep pouring in on a weekly basis. The latest gossip indicates that MS is looking to strengthen the power of their next-gen. console with a 16-core CPU.
The story was published in the latest issue of Xbox World, with additional rumors of so-called 'Durango' devkits supposedly sent to developers in March.
'Durango' allegedly contains a powerful 16-core IBM Power PC CPU that's being described as an equivalent to AMD's Radeon HD 7000-series graphics cards. Wait, didn't earlier reports suggest a Radeon 6000 GPU? Oh well... At any rate, word has it that this new CPU is intended for future high-end PC rigs. Just to remind you, AMD released the first 16-core CPU for the business market during in November 2011 (thanks CVG).
Meanwhile, Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter is confident that both MS and Sony are going to announce reduced prices for the Xbox 360 and the PS3 during the E3 2012 (read more).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP