- Mornin '14
- New BioWare Teaser Emerges
- Rayman Creator Forms New Studio
- PlayStation Sales Improve Sony's Financial Results
- Gearbox Ask Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit to be Dropped
- Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 Pre-order via Steam
- F1 2014 Announced, Trailer & Screens Released
- Shadow of Mordor The Wraith Trailer
- Square Enix Reveals Gamescom Line-up, No Deus Ex
A popular discussion topic over the last couple of years has centered around whether this new generation of consoles would be the last (another popular discussion is whether or not PC gaming is dead—gamers seem to like doomsday topics). Phil Spencer of Microsoft Studios has come out said that the Xbox One will not be Microsoft's last console, which temporarily puts that discussion topic on hold for at least a year.
He went on to explain that since caps on bandwidth can limit streaming games through a cloud, local hardware will be very important to these consumers to continue to play games.
Of course, this is pretty early in the new generation's life cycle to talk about future hardware. Plenty can change between now and five years.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP