- Far Cry 4 The Mighty Elephants of Kyrat Trailer
- Hearthstone Reaches 20 Million Players Milestone
- Valve Gets Saints Row Creative Director
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Developer Diary Part 3
- Destiny & The Sims 4 Britishly Triumphant
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Rumored for November 21
- Living in a Wasteland ... 2
- Notch Leaves Mojang After Microsoft Sale
- It's Official: Minecraft Creator Joins Microsoft
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: The Long Arm of Destiny
Felix Kjellberg, a/k/a PewDiePie on YouTube, apparently rakes in over $4 million a year for his YouTube channel thanks to ad revenue and his 27 million subscribers. I had no idea there could be such a lucrative career in streaming and yelling at video games. Maybe I do need to make something of my own YouTube project idea, "Keri Sucks at Video Games."
Some may say that PewDiePie is just lucky, having hit that streaming bug before it got immensely easy for everyone to do, but he attributes it to his sparkling personality.
"Unlike many professionally produced shows, I think I've established a much closer contact with my viewers, breaking the wall between the viewer and what's behind the screen," he told the Wall Street Journal. "What I and other YouTubers do is a very different thing, it's almost like hanging around and watching your pal play games."
So, thinking of suddenly switching your career to video game streaming?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP