- Battlefield Hardline Beta Perk for Battlefield 4 Players
- Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons Trailer
- Borderlands 2 Writer Leaving Gearbox
- FEATURE: From Unity to Inquisition to Depleted Desire
- Life is Strange Launch Trailer
- Mornin '15
- Hatred Now Available for Preorder
- Capcom Confident that Next Resident Evil Will Blow Minds
- Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Starts Next Week
- Sid Meier's Starships PAX South Panel
- Nintendo Introduces Creators Program for YouTubers
- Evolve Solo Gameplay Experience Trailer
- Jurassic World and Avengers LEGO Games This Year
- The Witcher 3 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One
Felix Kjellberg, a/k/a PewDiePie on YouTube, apparently rakes in over $4 million a year for his YouTube channel thanks to ad revenue and his 27 million subscribers. I had no idea there could be such a lucrative career in streaming and yelling at video games. Maybe I do need to make something of my own YouTube project idea, "Keri Sucks at Video Games."
Some may say that PewDiePie is just lucky, having hit that streaming bug before it got immensely easy for everyone to do, but he attributes it to his sparkling personality.
"Unlike many professionally produced shows, I think I've established a much closer contact with my viewers, breaking the wall between the viewer and what's behind the screen," he told the Wall Street Journal. "What I and other YouTubers do is a very different thing, it's almost like hanging around and watching your pal play games."
So, thinking of suddenly switching your career to video game streaming?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP