- Evolve Big Alpha On PS4 and PC Today
- Nordic Games Acquires de Blob IP from THQ
- FEATURE: Fantasia: Music Evolved OST Review
- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
Felix Kjellberg, a/k/a PewDiePie on YouTube, apparently rakes in over $4 million a year for his YouTube channel thanks to ad revenue and his 27 million subscribers. I had no idea there could be such a lucrative career in streaming and yelling at video games. Maybe I do need to make something of my own YouTube project idea, "Keri Sucks at Video Games."
Some may say that PewDiePie is just lucky, having hit that streaming bug before it got immensely easy for everyone to do, but he attributes it to his sparkling personality.
"Unlike many professionally produced shows, I think I've established a much closer contact with my viewers, breaking the wall between the viewer and what's behind the screen," he told the Wall Street Journal. "What I and other YouTubers do is a very different thing, it's almost like hanging around and watching your pal play games."
So, thinking of suddenly switching your career to video game streaming?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP