- Rock Band 4 'On-Disc' Set-List Revealed
- Fallout 4 Reportedly Has Over 400 Hours of Content
- Raw Fury Presents Gameplay Trailer for Indie Game Kingdom
- Final Fantasy XII Remake is Not Happening (Supposedly)
- Rocket League Holds as Top Seller on Steam
- The Spanish Ninja Returns to Street Fighter V
- Buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Get the Entire Gears Collection
- Lego Jurassic World Tops UK Sales Chart
- Konami Reportedly Mistreats Staff
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: Wedding Preparations
Felix Kjellberg, a/k/a PewDiePie on YouTube, apparently rakes in over $4 million a year for his YouTube channel thanks to ad revenue and his 27 million subscribers. I had no idea there could be such a lucrative career in streaming and yelling at video games. Maybe I do need to make something of my own YouTube project idea, "Keri Sucks at Video Games."
Some may say that PewDiePie is just lucky, having hit that streaming bug before it got immensely easy for everyone to do, but he attributes it to his sparkling personality.
"Unlike many professionally produced shows, I think I've established a much closer contact with my viewers, breaking the wall between the viewer and what's behind the screen," he told the Wall Street Journal. "What I and other YouTubers do is a very different thing, it's almost like hanging around and watching your pal play games."
So, thinking of suddenly switching your career to video game streaming?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP