- Ubisoft Wants 'Endless Gameplay' for The Division
- The Witcher 3 Opening Cinematic
- Assassin's Creed Unity Now Available to Pre-Download on Xbox One
- Possible Halo 5 Release Date Leaked
- 'M' Rating on Dragon Age Because of Implied Fellatio
- Assassin's Creed Unity System Requirements
- Mornin '14
- CoD: Advanced Warfare Recommended Specs Unveiled
- Assassin's Creed Unity Open World Trailer
- 3D Realms is Back with 3D Realms Anthology
- Free Version of Xbox Music Getting Cut
- Xbox One Snapshot Feature in 2015
- Movie Time - Avengers: Age of Ultron Debut Trailer
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Intro Teaser
- Titanfall Update to Add...Co-op
Stop by Kickstarter if you wish to offer your financial support to a 2D action RPG called Hyper Light Drifter, which is presented itself as a tribute to 8-bit and 16-bit classics, "with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale." Before you go all knowledgeable on the subject, no, this isn't from Fez creator Phil Fisher, even though there's an obvious similarity in the art style as well as the overall design. The only parallel that can be drawn between the two games is composer Rich Vreeland who created the soundtrack for Fez and will be making music for this one as well.
The semi-pixelated retro-style RPG is being described as a mix between The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Diablo.
Here's a bit more about what you'll be able to do in the game:
- Rip through enemies with responsive, fun combat; engaging and brutal. Upgrade weapons, discover new equipment and trek deeper than ever.
- Traverse a dark, detailed and interconnected world with alternate paths and secret loot. Miyazaki films have taught me that beautiful animation and design add life to a world. From characters to background elements, everything is lovingly crafted while I hum show-tunes and squint suspiciously at the flickering pixels until they perform as intended.
- A challenge - The game is accessible and easy to pick up, but difficult to master and complete; enemies and hazards become more vicious and numerous, so players must use clever tactics to avoid death. (Some yell hurtful phrases at players simply to bring tears to the cereal bowl below.)
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP