- COMIC: Bizarre Creed
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Unity
- Mornin '14
- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
John Carmack, the man who co-founded id and left id for Oculus VR, is being accused by id's parent company, Zenimax, of stealing tech when he left. Lawyers on behalf of Zenimax sent a claim to Oculus VR saying, "It was only through the concerted efforts of Mr. Carmack, using technology developed over many years at, and owned by, Zenimax, that [Oculus founder] Mr. Luckey was able to transform his garage-based pipe dream into a working reality."
Oculus has denied this claim and offered the following statement:
It's unfortunate, but when there's this type of transaction, people come out of the woodwork with ridiculous and absurd claims. We intend to vigorously defend Oculus and its investors to the fullest extent.
Carmack himself has not yet commented, but I am sure he is being counseled to say absolutely nothing at this point.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP