- Five Nights at Freddy's World is Back and Free
- PC Gaming Show Will Return to E3 2016
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Chaos Trailer
- Ubisoft Confirms Watch Dogs 2 to Release before April 2017
- Hitman Beta Starts Today
- FEATURE: 40 of the Worst Video Game Box Art
- XCOM 2 - Almost 70 Million Aliens Killed by Players
- ActionTrip Gameplay Videos: From Russia With Creed
- Need for Speed Dated for PC
- Mornin '16
- Destiny 2 in 2017, One More Expansion for Destiny This Year
- Firaxis Looking Into Performance Issues for XCOM 2
- Total War: Warhammer Empire Campaign Walkthrough
- Ubisoft Confirms No Assassin's Creed Game in 2016
- Blade & Soul Now Has 2 Million Players
- Quantum Break Live Action Trailer
- Quantum Break Preorder Bonuses, Xbox One Bundle, and Oh Yeah, PC Version
- Titanfall 2 Arriving in 2 Years Time
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles Preview
publisher: Bethesda Softworks
developer: Bethesda Softworks
PIV 2000, 512MB RAM, 4.6GB HDD, 128MB video card
|ESRB rating: M
release date: Mar 26, 07
|» All About The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles on ActionTrip|
ActionTrip: Okay, we did notice on the screenshots from Shivering Isles that your team is going for a retro, Morrowing kind of, look (in terms of vegetation that is). Is this something you guys wanted to do, or is it simply a tribute to Morrowind?
Mark Nelson: The look of the Shivering Isles wasn't really meant as any sort of tribute to Morrowind. Really, after discussing the kind of look we wanted the expansion to have, we realized that there were aspects similar to Morrowind's landscape that would fit really nicely with our vision. So, the Dementia side might remind folks of Morrowind in some respects, but the Mania side looks completely different from Dementia... it's more bright and colorful than anything you've see in Morrowind or Oblivion. The contrast is pretty striking when you experience it.
ActionTrip: Does your team plan to include any new additions to the Oblivion Construction Set?
Mark Nelson: We didn't make many changes at all to the Construction Set for the expansion. It was already an incredibly powerful tool, as evidenced by the amazing mods that the fan community has already produced. Still, there are a couple of new toys to play with, such as the ability to create Area of Effect spells that are cast point blank on the player.
BACK TO TOP