- Rock Band 4 Officially to PS4 and Xbox One
- Magicka 2 in May
- Mornin '15
- PS4 Getting Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition
- EA Closes Down Maxis
- Elite Dangerous Heading to Xbox One
- Nvidia Announces New Gaming Console at GDC
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
- Unity 5 GDC Trailer Shows Potential
- The Witcher 3 GDC Gameplay Footage
- Over 20 Million PlayStation 4 Consoles Sold Worldwide
- Valve Announces Source 2 And More
Reply on a Comment
Feb 11 2013, 03:14 pm EST
It's very difficult to scare me or make me jump these days, but I consider it a mark of a good horror game if it can make me paranoid. DS 1 did that wonderfully; between the things sucking you through vent shafts, or the hidden chest-eater beasts stuck to walls. It wasn't lame attempts at shock horror (Like the dead babies in 2), but it was something that had you checking every vent shaft, taking that much more time when you went around corners or down dark corridors, and the like. It actually set up a good atmosphere of _tension_, even if not fear, and that's sometimes good enough. 2 seemed to degrade to slasher horror, although I will admit some of the setpieces were wonderful. It just seemed that once they resolved the issue with Isaac's old girlfriend, though, there was nowhere left to go.
0 post(s)Reader Replies
|REPLIES PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Will you buy Evolve?
Vote for us to see more hot babes!